2017 Scholarship Competition Visual Arts Guidelines
- Only judges, timekeepers and students are allowed in the performance room.
- Parents, family members and teachers are invited to wait in designated areas.
- Students should bring a minimum of three, and no more than five, works of art in any medium, and may bring sketch books if available. A maximum of five pieces are permitted.
- Students will be identified by number ONLY.
- Judges will have no discussion with the student artist except when asking the student INTERVIEW QUESTIONS - as in #5 - of the criteria below.
- No student will be judged by immediate family or current teachers/instructors.
Students are judged on a scale of 1-10 with a total possible score of 50 points. Adherence to Guidelines will be reflected in score.
Student is judged on the following criteria:
- DESIGN – Cohesiveness of composition.
- EXPRESSION - Communicative quality and variety of work.
- ORIGINALITY - Novel and unique solutions.
- USE OF MEDIA - Proficiency and technique and ideas.
- INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – Students will be asked questions about their artwork.