2017 Arts Alive Competition – Dance Guidelines
- Only judges, timekeepers and students are allowed in the performance room. Parents, family members and teachers are invited to wait in designated areas.
- Students should come prepared to perform at assigned time. No warm-up will be permitted on stage, and practice rooms are not available.
- The student performance cannot exceed three minutes; if the student continues beyond three minutes, judges will stop the performance, without penalty.
- Students are required to provide their own accompanist/music (CD player, iPod, phone with speaker, etc. Sound must be sufficiently audible in a large room.)
- Costumes are not permitted; common rehearsal clothing is acceptable.
Student will be identified by number ONLY.
- When called to begin, students should state their assigned number - not their name – and briefly describe the selection they will be performing.
- No student will be judged by immediate family or current teachers/instructors.
- Dance floor is linoleum; 30’X40’
Students are judged on a 1-10 scale for each criteria, with a total possible score of 50 points. Adherence to Guidelines will be reflected in score.
Student is judged on the following criteria:
STAGE PRESENCE - Movement Quality; Expressiveness
- STRENGTH / FLEXIBILITY
- MEMORIZATION AND CHOICE OF REPERTOIRE.